Our journey to the Cape Peninsula takes us along the scenic Atlantic seaboard, passing the pristine soft white sand beaches of Clifton and Camps Bay, with the 12 Apostles rising above the chilly blue Atlantic Ocean below. There is no doubt the coast of the Cape Peninsula offers magnificent scenery with its great biodiversity. We arrive at the quaint fishing village of Hout Bay with its imposing Sentinel. A chance to enjoy a boat ride out to Seal Island (own account) or shop for souvenirs at the craft market on the quayside.
Our tour continues over Chapman’s Peak which offers amazing photo opportunities, and onto the Cape of Good Hope Nature Reserve, a great example of how the land once was many hundreds of years ago in its virgin state of Cape Fynbos. If lucky you may spot some small buck, numerous birds, the Cape Mountain Zebra, Eland and of course the mischievous baboons. Take the funicular (own account) or the footpath for a 10 minute walk up to the old Cape Point lighthouse to see the “meeting” of the Atlantic and Indian Oceans.
Enjoy lunch (own account) at a restaurant overlooking False Bay. We then visit Boulders Penguin Colony before passing through Simons Town which is our country’s main naval base, ask your guide about “Just Nuisance”!
In the late afternoon you can explore the interesting shops and fishing harbour of Kalk Bay along with the photogenic and colourful bathing boxes of St James and Muizenberg, rounding off an epic day on the Cape Peninsula.
- The breathtaking views of Clifton and Camps Bay as we head down the Cape Peninsula.
- Take a boat ride to Seal Island from Mariner’s Wharf (own account)
- A scenic drive along the world famous Chapman’s Peak Drive. (if open)
- Visit Simon’s Town and the African Penguins at the Boulders Penguin Colony.
- The Cape Point Nature Reserve and view the tip of Africa.
- Venture to the Cape of Good Hope.
- End the day off exploring the bohemian Kalk Bay village and harbour.
Included: Cape Point and Boulders entrances, Chapman’s Peak toll.
Excluded: Lunch, Seal Island Boat Cruise @ R 70 – R 90 pp, Cape Point Funicular @ R 65 pp