- The breathtaking views of Clifton and Camps Bay as we head down the Cape Peninsula.
- Surf lesson on one of Cape Town’s amazing beaches (suitable for all levels)
- A scenic drive along the world famous Chapman’s Peak Drive. (if open)
- Visit Simon’s Town and the African Penguins at the Boulders Penguin Colony.
- The Cape Point Nature Reserve and view the tip of Africa.
- Venture to the Cape of Good Hope.
- End the day off at the Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens (time permitting and own account)
We begin our day at one of Cape Town’s many amazing beaches. You will start your surf lesson with your professional instructor and feel the ‘beach vibe’ immediately, surrounded by the ocean and mountains of the Cape Peninsula. The lessons are perfect for beginners but as most of the coaches have a lifetime of experience, they will be more than suitable to guide the experienced surfer too.
Our journey to the Cape Peninsula takes us along the scenic Atlantic seaboard, passing the pristine soft white sand beaches of Clifton and Camps Bay, with the 12 Apostles rising above the chilly blue Atlantic Ocean below. There is no doubt the coast of the Cape Peninsula offers magnificent scenery with its great biodiversity.
Passing through Hout Bay, our tour continues over Chapman’s Peak which offers amazing photo opportunities, and onto the Cape of Good Hope Nature Reserve, a great example of how the land once was many hundreds of years ago in its virgin state of Cape Fynbos. If lucky you may spot some small buck, numerous birds, the Cape Mountain Zebra, Eland and of course the mischievous baboons. Enjoy lunch (own account) at a restaurant overlooking False Bay. Take the funicular (own account) or the footpath for a 10 minute walk up to the old Cape Point lighthouse to see the “meeting” of the Atlantic and Indian Oceans.
We visit Boulders Penguin Colony before passing through Simons Town and time permitting to our last stop of the day at Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens (own account). With the sun setting over the tall peaks of Table Mountain the last rays sparkle on the trees and flowers, and offer a fitting end to a day filled with all the Cape has to offer.
This tour is not available on the 12th March 2017 due to the Cape Town Cycle Tour.
This tour is not available on the 15th April 2017 due to the Two Oceans Marathon.