In operation for close to 20 years, African Blue Tours remains in a position of financial strength and can operate effectively as we navigate our way through this worldwide pandemic.
A multi-award-winning boutique tour operator with decades-long private touring experience, we are well-positioned to ensure a relaxed and socially distanced touring environment, complete flexibility and will take all necessary precautions onboard our tour vehicles for your complete peace of mind.
> Read more about our updated private Day Tour T&C’s here, which are super client-friendly.
Our many suppliers make up our diverse safari and tour package experiences, take the Covid-19 protocols seriously, and align with all legal requirements such as wearing masks in public spaces, availability of hand sanitiser, social distancing, vehicle & room sanitisation, etc.
Africa, its diverse people, rich fauna and flora are ready to welcome you back to our amazing continent!
New “Afri-Flex” booking policy:
Nobody likes uncertainty, especially when booking a holiday! Below are some guidelines on our new “Afri-Flex” booking policy to help you put your mind at ease as you plan your visit to Africa.
Covid-19 Related Qualifying Conditions
This COVID-19 policy will apply if any of the conditions listed below come into effect within a period of 2 months of a client’s itinerary start date.
- The government in the client’s country of residence restricts travel, which has a direct causal impact on the client’s travel plans.
- Travel restrictions on the destination/s are imposed by the client’s country of residence
- South Africa fall under official government-sanctioned lockdown
- South Africa close their borders to all international travellers or travellers from the client’s country of residence.
- International flights are cancelled, with no alternative routing available to reach South Africa
- A mandatory quarantine period is imposed by South Africa or on return to the client’s country of residence
- The client’s country of residence has imposed a COVID-19 related travel advisory
- If the client has contracted COVID-19 and is in quarantine or under medical treatment up to 48 hours before travel. In such a case, supportive documentation will be required
- African Blue Tours reserve the right to ask for any reasonable evidence, written statements and or documents to verify the reason for cancellation that is given.
New Package Bookings (100% free cancellation guarantee)
- New bookings made between the 1stof May – 31st of July 2021, should there be the inability to travel when the balance is due (30 days prior to arrival), you have an option to postpone your trip (see below) or cancel free of charge and get your deposit back. This guarantee applies exclusively to an inability to travel due to Covid-19 restrictions implemented by governments (as detailed above under “Covid-19 related qualifying conditions”) which could still exist during the booked travel period and preventing travel from taking place.
- Bookings may be deferred to any date in 2021 for no cost, other than a particular supplier’s rate change and subject to the tourist guide, vehicle and supplier inventory availability.
- Bookings may be held provisionally for 14 days if made more than 60 days prior to arrival, and for 7 days if made less than 60 days prior to arrival
- A small 10% deposit is required within 10 days of the booking confirmation.
- The balance of payment is ONLY required 30 days before your package start date.
- Bookings cancelled due to due Covid-19 restrictions 30 or more days prior to tour departure and given that all supporting documents are submitted: ZERO cancellation fees and you are refunded 100% of the deposit or pre-payment received.
- Bookings cancelled due to due Covid-19 restrictions 14 to 30 days prior to tour departure and given that all supporting documents are submitted: 50% cancellation fee will be charged, plus any additional charges levied by suppliers up to date of cancellation.
- Bookings cancelled due to due Covid-19 restrictions 0 to 14 days before tour departure: 100% cancellation fee will be charged.
- There is also the option to postpone your trip and re-book (subject to availability) for a later date. Any additional costs incurred due to changes or additions to your itinerary and upgrades, such as additional costs for changing seasons or upgrades to your accommodation, will still apply and need to be paid additionally by you.
- Comprehensive travel insurance has always been a prerequisite of travel with African Blue Tours. Many travellers around the world have been sorely let down in this crisis by insurance companies and we thus strongly recommend taking out travel insurance with a “cancel for any reason” clause to safeguard your holiday investment.
Existing Package Bookings (Postpone & Cancelled)
- African Blue Tours Standard Operating Procedure for cancelled bookings where funds have been received is to issue a credit note for the amount paid, these credit notes do not expire and can be applied to any future bookings.
- All provisional and confirmed bookings can be postponed to 2021 with no increase in rates, other than a particular supplier’s rate change.
- If bookings are postponed to 2022, clients will be liable to pay for any applicable increase in rates.
- Clients are able to postpone without giving new dates upfront. We do require dates by the 31st of December 2020 for travel in 2021 and this will be subject to availability.
- For any postponements to 2022, these dates can be obtained at a later stage in 2021.
Package Bookings Postponed to 2022
- All existing bookings due to travel in 2021 may be postponed to 2022 without penalty, other than a particular supplier’s rate change. The 2021 rates will be honoured and there is no limit to the numbers of postponements.
- Postponements confirmation will be held provisionally for 14 days if made more than 60 days before arrival, and for 7 days if made less than 60 days before arrival
- A 20% deposit is required within 10 days of the booking confirmation
- Full payment is due 60 days before arrival.
Cancellations due to fear of contracting COVID-19 or the prevalence of comorbidities will not constitute legitimate grounds for waiver of cancellation fees. Should the qualifying criteria listed above not be present, African Blue Tours standard Cancellation Terms and Conditions will apply.